The Christmas tree was finally up. We got it over the weekend. As usual we were quite late in getting the tree and alot were already sold out. This will be our 2nd christmas tree that is REAL! So nice to smell the fresh pine in the living room. Don’t think we will get a real one when we are back home. This year the tree is even taller than last year’s as all the shorter trees at 6 to 7 feet were sold out. We were left to choose from a bunch of not so fresh looking 7 to 8 feet. We chose one that is greenest from the bunch and immediately soaked the end of the trunk in water as soon as we got back hoping that it would help to replenish the water for the tree as much as possible. It was also a way to make the branches opened out nicely. The tree is so tall that it almost reach our ceiling. This year we topped the tree with a star which we got from garage sale. Mal was so happy when we bought the tree. He was so eager to help us decorate the tree. He took turns to decorate the tree with Daddy and Mummy and was so proud when he found out how to make the lights twinkle and flicker before we could figure out how.
This year, Malcolm is fully aware of christmas and he had been asking for alot of things.
1. he had been asking us to put up the christmas tree
2. whenever people ask him what presents he want for christmas…he will say ‘Snowman!’
3. the told me the other day ‘Mummy, I want people to send me present!’ So he is no longer clueless when it comes to present. He knows what it is and even demands for it now!
4. we bought some lightings from garage sales and he had been playing with them…hanging all over the house way before the christmas tree was up! Maybe seeing the neighbourhood so brightly litted made him want to decorate our house too.
5. and he thought that Santa Claus will come and give him present…for a while…proabably due to Elmo’s Night before Christmas that he had been reading since the last christmas. But after seeing me wrapped all the presents, I guess he is a bit confused. Is Mummy the Santa Claus??
So now with the tree up we were all ready and set to celebrate christmas!