On days that I am too busy and too lazy to cook up a storm, we have this, I call it the All-In-1 casserole dish.
I don’t usually bake my food as that is not a common Asian cooking style. Since the Asian supermarket is about half to an hour drive from our place, depending on traffic condition, and we only get to do our Asian grocery shopping once a week or bi-weekly, I thought I need to find some ways to cook those hardier vegetables that are found in neighbourhood supermarket.
By trial and error, I came up with some simple baking dish and now, the old conventional oven in my kitchen has become my best friend !
4 pork chops
a handful of cherry tomatoes
a handful of fresh portobello mushrooms, sliced
ground black pepper
rosemary or mixed herbs
light soya sauce
1. Drizzle the pork chops with light soya sauce
2. In a pan, brown pork chops with olive oil
3. Transfer to casserole or baking dish
4. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and ground pepper.
5. Throw in vegetables
6. Sprinkle more salt on vege
7. Baked at 350 F for 30 -35 mintues
Serve with rice or my favourite Avocado