You know he had too much of WWII

when any black and white portrait of a man
who wears a short mustache is
HITLER

We were at the library
out from the rest room
between those book shelves
he saw a Hitler look-alike
and had to exclaim

I know it is not funny
but I can’t help but laugh
and remind him of his ‘library voice’

He is into World War 2 recently
It started off as
Curiosity over the Machines used
the German Bismarck, the Japanese Yamato
the American Mustang, the German ME262
the German V2 ballistic missiles, the American atomic bomb

Then there were the countries
Germany, Japan, Russia, Britain, America
next came the Axis and the Allies
and how it all started
with Mr Adolf Hitler and his party

When we meet up with Daddy’s Japanese colleagues
he had to ask about Yamato and the kamikaze pilots
somehow I cringed
a 4 year old and World War 2

All was good
for the interrogation was brief

Now I worry
what will happen
when he meet up with Daddy’s German colleagues

Maybe I should ban his history books

1. Sandra says:

Hmm… WWII – now that’s something my Transformer-craze little guy would not get into.
    btw, great pics 😉
    & next time u come to Switzerland – give us a heads up so we can meet up.

Rachel : hey Sandra, so kind of you to offer. We should be moving back to Singapore pretty soon, hmmm guess won’t have much chance but will definitely email u if we are going. U gonna be in Switzerland for long?

2. Tin says:

Mal is brilliant!
    Haha… my history is a gone case too! Anything learnt in my school days never get into my head. Maybe it’s becos’ of the rojak school I attended? *laugh*

3. Kyels says:

He’s really into battleships and missiles and everything that spells W.A.R. I think he’s a smart boy and for him to have the ability to “interrogate” the Japanese colleagues, he must have been something.

😀

4. Irenemoo says:

Aifang…u’ve done a very good job in giving him so much exposure..especially in secondary school history 🙂

Rachel : Hey Ailing, it started off as just the planes.

5. Ann says:

Wow….I am impressed. Reckon let the grownups who have to answer his questions worry about it. Don’t think any sensible adult will indulge too much into war ‘cons’ with a kid.

But woman, I agree with the comments….the exposure and eagerness to find out more is GREAT!

6. Hoonie says:

feed him everything he wants to know gal! expose him to everything he’s interested in. do so before he becomes uninterested in anything and everything. i would like to hear how he’s gonna talk to the german guys… hahaha! be glad he’s not addicted to screens of all sorts and sizes.. 😛

7. kole says:

i dream of the day when my kid will be interested in history.

don’t stop him! fuel him!
    he’s a real smart and inquisitive boy. rare for a a 4 yr old to be curious and interested abt ww2.

Rachel : hey kole, thanks for the assurance, was really hesitating