I love the wet and cool weather these days
Reminds me of the snowy and chilly weather that some countries are having now
Christmasty weather that we will never get in this part of the world
[photo from our 2005 winter holiday in Aspen]
Weather behind the story of icing sugar log cake, smoking chimney and burning fireplce
Weather that makes me feel like turning up the stove and bake some savory snack for tea
So I made these blueberries mini cupcakes
and I love how moist they turn out
I’ve just kick start the season for baking
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup milk
3 Tablespoons butter melted / olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with liners.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; then add blueberries.
3. In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg, then add milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
4. Add to flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
5. Divide among the prepared cups.
6. Bake until the tops spring back when lightly tapped, 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.