There Is A Season For Everything

Oh gosh ! it’s been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted

I realised that Β I haven’t been really diligent and disciplined at updating this site

It doesn’t help when my blogging habit is as such

And these days with my coming-to-3 toddler being more aware, it’s almost impossble to work on my computer

He would climb all over me, bug me with questions and accept no reply that tries to patronize

Single word answers such as ‘okay’, ‘oh’, ‘good’, ‘great’ while I am in the midst of something doesn’t work anymore

He would tell me straight in the face

Mummy, don’t say ‘okay’

Mummy, don’t say ‘oh’

Basically he wants me to drop whatever I am doing and give him my 101% attention

And he is happy just having me sit by his side

even if it means doing nothing

On a really unproductive day, we could sit in front of the washing machine and watch Fluffy, his Ikea dog, takes a bath

On a slightly more productive day, we would buid a racing track and race his favourite cars

Or spend some time golfing with part of a vacuum cleaner and random wooden Β balls

Yet I have to confess that despite all these effort

part of me was still at the latest newsfeed on Facebook, that interesting linky party that I had missed, that advertorial that I could have said yes and the next post that I should be writing

which really put in a crazy dilemma, turmoil and unrest

and then when I finally called it quit

grab the keys, head out, chase after the little fella in his scooter

I caught sight of a patch of fallen petals under a big old tree

It is time of the year again

The walkways are littered with lovely ochre-coloured leaves and fallen petals

There is a season for everything

I was reminded of where I am now and the choices that I’ve made

About the things that truly matter

and the things that will have to wait

1. Ruth says:

I know what you mean, my boy does the same thing as yours and demand undivided attention from me. Anyway, it’s necessary to remind ourselves from time to time what our priorities are to put things in the right perspective. Hey, maybe our boys could have a play date since they are about the same age and we can both take our minds off the stuff that distracts us πŸ™‚

• malmal says:

hey Ruth, playdate sounds great … I am usually free on most weekday afternoon after sending my elder boy to school…for a start, maybe I should find time to attend one of SMB lunch gathering πŸ™‚

2. Susan says:

My daughter is like this too and would insist that I keep my handphone away at bed time. But given that we have so little time together on a weekday, I can understand where she’s coming from. I do hope that she makes the evenings more bearable by not being so naughty sometimes.

• malmal says:

hey Susan I guess as a working mum, time with your little one is very precious. I can’t imagine having to juggle work and doing what I am doing now … then again, if work is not so taxing, it may be possible to sneak some time to FB and even write a post…I used to chat on yahoo and MSN alot when I was working ! cos the time is really yours and you won’t get little feet climbing all over u asking for attention πŸ™‚

3. Rachel says:

Yes, there is a season for everything. All things can wait, family comes first. Was having a conversation with a gf over whatsapp and yes, no matter how part of us want to do certain things or join in some fun, we as mothers will always put our family, especially our children, before the many things we wish to do. For they’re growing up too fast and only once. πŸ™‚

• malmal says:

As mothers, I have to admit that some of the things we are doing is for ourselves, yet I think it is necessary that we don’t lose sight of who we are in the midst of juggling our roles as mum and wife…the tough part is striking a balance, something which I am still learning and I need to constantly check back just so that I won’t tipped the balance..it’s great that I get to ‘know’ so many like minded mothers through blogging. And I must say you are doing very well, with your 2 boys and your crafting business…keep it up πŸ™‚