Mal is a rockets and planes fanatic, a little more of the latter. Topics on airplanes and rockets never fail to interest him and he can ramble on and on. It is a natural ice breaker when he meets strangers. Some of his current favourite things are (related to planes and rockets)
1. the plane magazine section in Borders
2. any books on planes and rockets
3. Legos …as he can built planes and rockets again and again
4. these light weight wooden model airplanes
5. this particular volume of Tin Tin comic bookas it is about an adventure to the moon. It all started when Daddy borrowed a french version of this from the library, hoping to practise reading French. The book attracted Mal with its rockets, space and moon picture and he absolutely fell in love with it after watching the DVD. Now if you ask him, he will tell you Tin Tin is from France!
6. This video from YouTube which shows how the airbus was assembled in 7 minutes. His latest favourite plane is no longer the Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet but the Airbus 380.
7. Changi beach …
as he gets to see planes flying right over him !
What is making Mal so sad again?
Last weekend at east coast, we rented a bike for Mal and he cycled close to 8 km which I think was a real feat for a 3 year old. At bedok jetty where we took a break, I accidentally toppled his water bottle and it rolled right off the jetty and into the water.
It was his one and only water bottle. The one with the Lightning McQeen picture. The one which we bought from Target. The one with memory from Phoenix.
Both Daddy and myself who were in our blades failed to save the water bottle in time. We contemplated for awhile whether to jump into the water to get the bottle but decided not to as though it was easy to reach the bottle, it would be a long swim back to the shore..
We sat and watched the bottle slowly drift out into the big big ocean. It’s like dying a slow death and it feels horrible to be so helpless. Mal must have felt much worse than us as he wailed and cried and clung on to Daddy for comfort.
That evening, we brought him a brand new water bottle, this time a Bob the Builder one with a strap for him to sling over his shoulder. It is a consolation to him for losing the old one.